logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Foundations & Floors - Foundations & Floors
  Topics Replies Views Last Post
New Posts Dillopk's Avatar (Old) How to find exterior walls not truly connected?
My symptom is having topography grass inside my walk-out basement. From other posts, this seems to be caused by not having all exterior walls joined, or by some of them really being interior walls. When I double-click on the middle of an exterior wal

Dillopk , 8/2/2013 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
0 174
OK, I need help reversing a problem: I am working on my Basement and have it and the main level outside walls drawn. When I select the "fly around" option in live-view, I was able to select "view working level only" and see the basement design almost li

W., Mike , 3/22/2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
3 253 Chisholm's Avatar Chisholm Go to last post Go to first unread
8/11/2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
I am using Pro-Platinum v8.0 in a WinXp environment. How would I handle drawing a basement/foundation to satify the following criteria: 1.The foundation is on a hill that slopes down from front to back. The basement height is 10'. The foundation

joeb545 , 8/10/2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
0 1,214
Im brand new with ANY type of construction or software. Im want to design a 3 story large building. 100" x 75" or so. The downstairs I want bellow ground, It will have a high cealing. It will be a nightclub with a very large stage. I need the cealing Im

west, jim t , 6/1/2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
0 108
New Posts Ivancie, Paul T.'s Avatar (Old) Framed walls setting on poured concrete foundation walls
1. How do I create 10" poured concrete basement walls, and then set standard 4" framed walls on top of them (Of course with an intervening floor consisting of 2x10's on 16" centers and standard underlayment on top of that)? 2. How do I add 4' high 8" cin

Ivancie, Paul T. , 4/9/2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
0 456
New Posts jmichel's Avatar (Old) How to set different types of flooring on the same floor?
Hi, I just bought Professional Home Design Platinum Version 12. I build my house and for each floor I used "automatic floor" with the external wall. On the 2nd floor I have some wood in a room and some carpet in the other. But when I select a texture for

jmichel , 2/1/2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
0 140
Am designing a 38' wide x 40' deep cabin. On the width, I plan to have 2 to 3 steps from a lower level to an upper level about half way back. How do I design that? Am using Professional Home Design Platinum. JT

Taylor, Jack , 1/28/2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
2 189 Patricia G.'s Avatar Patricia G. Go to last post Go to first unread
1/31/2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
We have an exterior wall on the second floor which is irregular in shape. 8ft high on one end, with a 7.5/12 pitch roof coming down the other side so that the side is 0ft. Kind of like a box with a right angle triangle next to it. How do I create it?

Bouvier, Don , 11/26/2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
0 137
New Posts Pinkerman, Kris's Avatar (Old) Slab Foundations Questions????? please help
After I made my slab foundation I need to add post tension strands. How many do I need? ...How far apart are they suppose to be...etc.This software is very good but does not answer or help a novice with just basic information/ questions. Im using Pro Plat

Pinkerman, Kris , 2/20/2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
1 150 Patricia G.'s Avatar Patricia G. Go to last post Go to first unread
6/18/2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
My floorplan needs to be raised a couple feet. Can this be done? Is it easier to just dig a hole?

Sand, Joe , 3/13/2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
1 175 Patricia G.'s Avatar Patricia G. Go to last post Go to first unread
5/30/2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
I have a design which made it necessary to add a section of floor, since I can't figure out any way to add "handles" to an existing floor. The problem is, that the small section is the same thickness, and at the same elevation as the main floor, but in 3

Downey, M , 5/14/2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
0 174
After making some changes to a plan that I thought had nothing to do with the floors, I now have no floor between the first floor and the basement and the house is sitting on hardwood flooring, i.e., not grass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

opchiasm , 8/19/2002 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
0 171
After drawing a plan I realized I forgot a jog at one foundation corner of the full height basement wall. Instead of a 8 sided shape, I'd like it to be a 10 sided shape. I can't find a way to add foundation wall segments. How can I do this without throw

burke, ted , 12/4/2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
0 127
I created a foundation. Then I created a first floor the same size as the foundation that will be a walk out basement as our lot is sloped. Then I created a second floor which will really be the main floor. So far so good and everything looks like it s

Uslick, Bryan , 8/21/2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
0 138 Patricia G.'s Avatar Patricia G. Go to last post Go to first unread
8/23/2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
New Posts Lazich, Michael's Avatar (Old) How to remove "sides" of floor cutout area...?
In my plan, I use Autofloor to set the floors of all rooms throughout the house at 24" above grade. Unfortunately, this also puts a two foot high floor in my garage, the floor of which should be at grade. My solution was to do a 24" deep cutout along th

Lazich, Michael , 1/29/2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
1 181 ClarenceA's Avatar ClarenceA Go to last post Go to first unread
8/21/2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)